- From time to time we may invite you to provide us with personal information in order to provide you with services (such as access to Our bulletin board, email newsletters and competitions) and to enable you to order goods from the vendors in the Shopping Area. In order to deliver such services or goods, We will need to process and store your personal information and may need to transfer it to the relevant Shopping Area vendor(s), to Our affiliates and to Our service providers for processing both inside and outside the European Economic Area.
- Please note that countries outside the EEA may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA, but We always demand that those parties to whom We transfer data adhere to the same security procedures that We follow ourselves. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with such orders, offers or services and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you provide the information.
- In the event that We transfer the business which is providing goods or services to you to another supplier, you also agree that as part of the purchase your data may be transferred to the new supplier.
- In order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, this site uses ‘cookie’ information collection technology.
- We will only use your personal information for purposes for which you have consented although from time to time we may sell or rent your personal information to third parties for the purpose of marketing offers, promotions that we feel you may find of interest. In order to protect your privacy, We are registered in accordance with and seek to comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
- We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal information to comply with the same. However, the Internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that We shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent We are required to accept such responsibility by the Data Protection Act 1998.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small, often encrypted text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It is used to help users navigate websites efficiently and perform certain functions.
What cookies are used on this website?
These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics.
Third Party Cookies
These cookies may be set through our website by other companies. Data may be collected by these companies that enable them to serve up adverts on other sites that are relevant to your interests.
These cookies store temporary information to enable site functionality. They are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
These are cookies used for core site functionality.
How to configure your cookie preferences
Every browser program (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome etc) provides the ability for the user to configure their preferences. Refer to the help section of your particular browser to find out how to configure your own preference.
Frequently asked questions
What has changed, and how does this affect me?
We have always used cookies to create the most secure and effective website for our customers. As part of a change in legislation, all websites are now required to provide additional information on what cookies are, how they are used and what benefits they bring.
These changes will not affect the way in which you currently use our website.
Do I need to accept cookies?
Do cookies mean I could get cold calls or junk mail?
We never use the data gathered through cookies to contact you via post, email or phone.
Can cookies allow others access to my computer’s hard drive?
The cookies we use cannot look into your computer, smart phone or web-enabled device and obtain information about you or your family or read any material kept on your hard drive.
If I use a public computer, will someone be able to get my details from the cookies?
Our cookies cannot be used by anyone else who has access to the computer to find out anything about you, other than the fact that someone using the computer may have visited a certain website.
More information about cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org